Dr. Franz Flögel
ResearcherResearch Department Spatial Capital
Franz Flögel graduated as Magister Artium at Potsdam University in 2010. He studied human geography, economics and political science at Potsdam University, Humboldt University of Berlin and University of Nottingham and received a scholarship of the German National Academic Foundation. Since 2010, he has been working as a researcher at the IAT in the research department "Spatial Capital". In 2017, he completed his PhD at the professorship of Economic Geography (Professor Hans-Martin Zademach) of the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt. His dissertation compares the corporate lending practices of regional and large German banks.
- Finance and regional development
- Especially banking and regional development
- Public finance and regional development
- Regional development and economic promotion
- Geography of retailing and consumption
2006-2010 recipient of a merit scholarship of the German National Academic Foundation
2013-2015 PhD scholarship of the German National Academic Foundation
2017 Prizewinner of the Eichstätter Universitätsgesellschaft e.V. for outstanding scientific dissertations
- Study group geography of retailing (Arbeitskreis geographische Handelsforschung),
- Junges Forum der Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung
- Alumni of the German National Academic Foundation e.V.
2018: Distance and modern banks’ lending to SMEs: ethnographic insights from a comparison of regional and large banks in Germany. In: Journal of economic geography 18, no. 1, p. 35-57 Weblink
Show all Publications