Dr. Anna Butzin
ResearcherResearch Department Innovation, Space & Culture
Anna Butzin studied spatial planning with specialization in regional economic development and European structural policy at Technical University of Dortmund (graduated as Diplom-engineer) and at Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm (graduated as M.Sc.). She wrote her doctoral thesis at the Department of Geography, Philipps-University of Marburg (title of thesis: „Knowledge Dynamics in Innovation Biographies. A Methodological and Spatial Perspective”).
Since September 2006 Anna Butzin is researcher at the department Innovation, Space & Culture of Institute for Work and Technology.
- time-spatial aspects of knowledge generation in innovation processes
- further development of the research approach innovation biographies
- development and diffusion mechanisms of social innovations
- structural change and regional development
- Teaching assignments at Faculty of Spatial Planning, Technical University of Dortmund and at Institute of Interdisciplinary Work Studies, Faculty of Economics and Management, Leibniz University of Hannover.
- Visiting researcher at Sozialforschungsstelle, Technical University of Dortmund (February-April 2014)
- Best-paper award of the 2nd Central European Conference in Regional Science for the paper Butzin, A. (2007): Processes of innovation in the field of nanotechnology (conference paper).
- Member of steering committee of the project SI-Drive (7th EU-Framework program, area social science and humanities)
- Regional Studies Association
- Junges Forum der Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung
Butzin, Anna / Terstriep, Judith
2018: Actors and roles in social innovation. In: Howaldt, Jürgen / Kaletka, Christoph / Schröder, Antonius / Zirngiebl, Marthe (eds.): Atlas of social innovation: new practices for a better future. Dortmund: Technische Univ., Sozialforschungsstelle, p. 77-80 PDF
Show all Publications