Dr. Anna Butzin
ResearcherResearch Department Innovation, Space & Culture
Anna Butzin works as project coordinator in the research department of Innovation, Space and Culture at the Institute for Work and Technology. Anna Butzin studied spatial planning with specialization in regional economic development and European structural policy at Technical University of Dortmund and at Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm. She wrote her doctoral thesis at the Department of Geography, Philipps-University of Marburg about “Knowledge Dynamics in Innovation Biographies. A Methodological and Spatial Perspective”.
- Development and spatial diffusion of social innovation
- Structural change in cities and regions
- Locally anchored companies
- Innovation and regional development
- New actors in local and regional innovation systems
- Teaching assignment at Faculty of Spatial Planning, Technical University of Dortmund with focus on regional economic development, alternative economies, urban economies.
- Visiting professor for economic geography at the University of Bayreuth in 2018/19
- Member of steering committee of the project SI-Drive (7th EU-Framework program, area social science and humanities)
- Visiting researcher at Sozialforschungsstelle, Technical University of Dortmund (February-April 2014)
Butzin, Anna / Terstriep, Judith
2018: Actors and roles in social innovation. In: Howaldt, Jürgen / Kaletka, Christoph / Schröder, Antonius / Zirngiebl, Marthe (eds.): Atlas of social innovation: new practices for a better future. Dortmund: Technische Univ., Sozialforschungsstelle, p. 77-80 PDF
Show all Publications