Dr. Hansjürgen Paul
ResearcherResearch Department Spatial Capital
Computer Scientist. Senior researcher at the research unit “Spatial Capital” of the Institute for Work and Technology (IAT) at the University of Applied Sciences Gelsenkirchen.
Member of the scientific research staff at the Department of Production Systems of the Institute for Work and Technology (IAT), Science Centre North Rhine-Westphalia, in Gelsenkirchen from 1989 until 2002; senior researcher at IAT’s research unit “Learning and Education under Structural Change” (BEST) from 2003 until 2006; senior researcher at IAT’s research unit “Knowledge and Competence” (WISDOM) from 2007 until 2014; since 2015 senior researcher at IAT’s research unit “Spatial Capital” and member of the study group “CultNature”. Visiting professor at the department of computer science at the University of Applied Sciences Gelsenkirchen (Westfälische Hochschule) since 2002 (informatics & society, human-computer interaction).
Studied computer science and vocational pedagogy at the University of Dortmund (now: TU Dortmund); received his diploma in computer science (Diplom-Informatiker) in 1989; graduated to doctorate (Dr.-Ing.) at the department for mathematics and computer science at the University of Bremen with a thesis on the ergonomic design of human-computer interaction in 1994.
- interactive computer systems
- human-computer interaction
- development, introduction and usage of interactive computer systems in organizations
- computers as a medium of co-operational work
- computer mediated work
- computer supported teaching
- self-organized computer mediated vocational training
- video conferencing and application sharing
- virtual museums
- teaching informatics & society, human computer interaction, and software engineering
- active member of the German Society of Informatics (steering committee of the special interest group EMISA, member of special interest groups “human-computer interaction” and “informatics and society”)
- member of programme committees for various national and international conferences related to computer science