PD Dr. Dieter Rehfeld
Research FellowResearch Department Innovation, Space & Culture
Born 1951. He studied political sciences, modern history, sociology and psychology at the Technical University of Braunschweig. Habilitation in 1999 at the faculty of economic and social sciences of the Technical University of Braunschweig. He is Privatdozent at the Ruhr-University of Bochum. Since 1989 he is research fellow at the Institute for Work and Technology and since 2003 head of the research department Innovation, Space & Culture.
Work and research interests:
- Regional and sectoral structural change,
- structural and innovation policy,
- economy and culture.
- Society for structural policy (GfS e.V.);
- research network Ruhr SURF;
- Institute for consulting social and economic sciences-Gerhard-Weisser-Institut (Institut für beratende Sozial- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften-Gerhard Weisser-Institut).
- Social Innovation: Driving Force of Social Change / SI-DRIVE
Project run-time: 01.01.2014 - 31.12.2017
- Boosting the Impact of Social Innovation in Europe through Economic Underpinnings / SIMPACT
Project run-time: 01.01.2014 - 31.12.2016
- Open innovation in industry, including 3D printing / 3d-Drucken
Project run-time: 01.12.2014 - 30.09.2015
Cooke, Philip / Rehfeld, Dieter
2014: Path dependence and new paths in regional evolution: in search of the role of culture. In: Clifton, Nick / Gärtner, Stefan / Rehfeld, Dieter (eds.): Companies, cultures, and the region: interactions and outcomes. New York: Routledge, p. 55-75
Show all Publications