Dr. Alexandra David
ResearcherResearch Department Work and Transformation of Society
Born 1977. Communication science studies at the University Duisburg-Essen and economic studies at the Distant University in Hagen. Since January 2006 she is researcher at the Institute for Work and Technology and since January 2007 she worked for the IAT research department ‘Innovation, Space & Culture’. 2017 she become part of the research department ‘Work and Transformation of Society” where she concentrates mainly on the research related to migration and labour market inclusion, as well as the inclusion of further vulnerable and marginalized groups into society in general and labour market as specific. In addition, regional human capital agendas as well as a sustainable regional development of skilled workforce are further topics of her interest and work.
She wrote her doctoral thesis at the University of Twente (Department of Governance and Technology for Sustainability) in Enschede (NL) titled: „Human Capital and the Role of Networks – Migration, Inclusion and New Qualification for a Sustainable Regional Economy”.
- Migration and labour market entrance
- Exploiting untapped regional potential for retention and (re)attraction of skilled workers
- Human capital as knowledge carrier
- Lifelong learning concepts
- Gesellschaft für Interkulturelle Philosophie e.V. (GIP),
- Netzwerk Essener Kommunikationswissenschaft e.V. (NEK),
- The German Network of Refugee Researchers (http://fluechtlingsforschung.net/).
- Selectivity and Ambiguity in Working Cultures: Resource-based and Potential-oriented Organization of the Working World for Refugees on the Examples of the Sectors of Geriatric Nursing, IT-economy and Building Trade / SELMA
Project run-time: 01.01.2017 - 31.12.2018
- Digital Kowledge Flows of Refugees - Between Temporal and Geographical Spaces/Places of Domestic and Receiving Countries / FLOURISH
Project run-time: 01.07.2017 - 31.10.2017
- European Region Entrepreneurship Connection / EFEBNetwork
Project run-time: 01.10.2015 - 30.09.2017
David, Alexandra / Coenen, Frans
2017: Immigrant entrepreneurship - a chance for labour market integration of refugees? In: David, Alexandra David / Hamburg, Ileana (eds.): Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial skills in Europe: examples to improve potential entrepreurial spirit. Opladen: Barbara Budrich, p. 77-101
David, Alexandra / Hamburg, Ileana
2017: Entrepreneurial education and skills in a changing society. In: David, Alexandra David / Hamburg, Ileana (eds.): Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial skills in Europe: examples to improve potential entrepreneurial spirit. Opladen: Barbara Budrich, p. 12-31
David, Alexandra / Hamburg, Ileana (eds.)
2017: Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial skills in Europe: examples to improve potential entrepreneurial spirit. Opladen: Barbara Budrich. ISBN 978-3-8474-0568-9 Weblink