Entwicklung eines Trainingsprogramms zur Verbesserung eines aktiven und gesunden Alterns durch die Nutzung von High-Tech Assitive Technology / AcTive
Tasks and aims
Technology has the potential to support the process of active and healthy ageing. However, modern devices, in particular information and communication technology (ICT), lack of adoption and use by older persons. The reasons for this are complex but a key aspect is found strengthening digital skills and ICT-literacy.
The overall aim of AcTive is to develop training materials that pay attention to specific needs of persons who are not experienced in using ICT-based devices (e.g. like smartphones or emergency call systems). These training materials can be used by peers, friends and family but also professional users to answer questions and show examples of the benefits that technology has to offer to support the daily life. The training material is supported by an online platform.
Aims of AcTive:
- To create awareness and trust about the potential of using technology for improving active and healthy ageing;
- foster ICT-literacy, which allow older users to benefit from modern technology;
- inform about available technological possibilities and their application to the specific needs of the users;
- give support and guidelines for a “peer to peer” training model;
The Consortium is formed by entities working in the field of supporting older persons in ICT skills:
- E -SENIORS (France),
- Centrul IT pentru Stiinta si Tehnologie (Romania),
- Stowarzyszenie Spoleczenstwa Wiedzy (Poland),
- GESTIO SOCIOSANITARIA AL MEDITERRANI SL (Spain),
- Sozialverband VdK Saarland (Germany)