Increasing the Quality of Staff Related with Vocational Guidance for Individuals with Special Needs / ACCESS
Excisting siutation and project objectives
According to Commission of EU Communities (2008), Council of EU Union (2009) and Turkey’s regulations for disabled people; despite strong political intentions, some disabled individuals are in segregated settings. Individuals with special needs have an equal opportunity and chance to get education same as other individuals. The countries are facing lots of difficulties in applications of these law and regulations with vocational placement and orientation of individuals with special needs. Individuals with special need and their families are facing lots of difficulties. So there is an urgent need about the quality of vocational guidance to disabled individuals. New approaches and methods related with vocational guidance and orientation for disabled students or individuals were the main reasons behind the projects. That is why the project partners made a decision about preparing a project about vocational guidance of individuals with special needs.
Objectives of the project were:
- to improve the knowledge, skills and proficiencies of staff who take an active part in the vocational guidance of individuals with special needs;
- to support the exchange of good practices and transfer of knowledge in the field of vocational guidance in order to increase the qualifications of the staff;
- to get to know new approaches used in vocational guidance of individuals with special needs in other EU Countries;
- to exchange the information about vocational guidance of individuals with special needs.
This project included staff (teachers, special education teachers, guidance teachers, counselors, administrators, academics and experts) from ten participating institutions from Turkey (coordination), Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, Malta, Belgium, Italy and Romania.
Some results oft the project were achieved
- transfer of knowledge and experiences;
- publishing documents related with vocational guidance of disabled individuals;
- easy to get information for disabled individuals from a special developed web site.